How to Create a New Department Admin
Let’s see how a Department Admin can be added to a Teams, Enterprise or Government Plan Account.
The Super Admin can add a Department Admin by following these easy steps:
- Log into your DropSecure Account.
- Once on the Dashboard, on the left-hand panel under ‘Admin’, click on ‘Users’
- On the top right-hand corner of the Dashboard, click on ‘Create User’.
- On the ‘Create User’ page, check the radio button against ‘Internal’. Enter the basic details and the email id that will be used as the Department Admin’s login id.
- Under ‘Role’ select ‘Department Admin’.
- Select the Department. The default department is IT in all accounts. If you would like to add the Department Admin to a different department, first create the desired department before you add the Department Admin. Click here to see how to create a department.
- Now click on ‘Create User’.
- Once this process is completed, an automated email will be sent to the new user. This Welcome email will contain the steps that the new Department Admin should follow to complete their sign-up process.
Steps for the new Department Admin to complete the Sign-up process:
- The new Department Admin receives a Welcome email on the registered account entered while creating the Department Admin id.
- Click on the ‘Login’ button from the email.
- Enter the ‘Login id’ and the password (as given in the email).
- Once done, you will be prompted to set up your password. Please do remember your password. As we are a Zero-Knowledge company, we do not have the ability to reset your password or recover your data if you forget your password. For a Teams, Enterprise or Government Plan, you can create two or more Super Admin accounts so that the Super Admins can reset each other’s passwords, as well as, other users’ passwords within the same company account.
Here are some of the functionalities available as a Department Admin:
- Can manage users in their department
- Can access all the documents in their department
- Can create internal or external users in their own department
- Does not have access to other departments
- Can’t create new departments